04. LED Feedback
05. Volume Decrease
06. Power / Mute / Reconnect
07. Volume Increase
Pairing your headset
1. Within the Setting' menu, press X on Accessory Settings.
2. Press X on the icon labelled: Manage Bluetooth® Device.
3. Press X on Yes to register your device.
4. At the next screen, prepare your headset (from off) to be paired by holding down the power button continuously until the LEDs flash alternate Blue & Red. When it is connected the LEDs will flash Blue every 2 seconds. If not connected, it will flash blue every 4 seconds.
5. Press X on Start Scanning. Once Scan is complete, the PS3™ will recognize all Bluetooth® devices within range.
6. Locate PS3 EX-02s from the list of available devices and press X.
7. Press X to enter 0000 (four zeros) as the Pass Key and press X on OK.
8. You should then be taken to a new screen stating: Register completed.
9. Press O twice on your controller to go back to Accessory Settings.
10. Scroll down and press X on Audio Device Settings.
11. Choose PS3 EX-02s as your input and output device from the lists. Press X to confirm your choices.
12. Scroll down and press X on OK. Your EX-02s Next GenBluetooth® Headset is now ready to use... Enjoy :)
Reversing the earhook
The EX-02 ships with two earhooks, each marked [L] for the left ear and [R] for the right ear. After selecting the appropriate earhook, follow the instructions below:
01. Using your fingernail, carefully pry the faceplate off the headset upwards and forwards.
02. Lift clear from the body.
03. Noting the 4 earhook pins, gently pull away the existing earhook, and store safely.
04. Line-up the earhook holes with the pins and gently guide the replacement earhook over the top until set in position.
05. Replace the faceplate by slowly pushing the faceplate hooks into the slots on the headset.
06. Push the faceplate into place firmly to secure.
Charging your headset
The headset contains a rechargeable Lithium-ion battery. Prior to using the headset for the first time, It is essential to fully charge the battery before first use for a least 3 hours (or until the green LED goes out). If you do not use the headset regularly it is important to recharge the battery every 3 months.
Connect the USB cable to your PS3™ (01) and insert the DC connector (02) into the headset (03). The LED will illuminate red during the charging process and will be blue when fully charged. NOTE: Charging indication will be delayed for a few minutes if the headset has not been used for a long time.
Do not try to pair the headset to the console, when the headset is charging. If it is charging, it will not pair to the PS3™.
If at any point the headset disconnects from the PS3™ press lightly on the power button to reconnect.
Normally the battery is fully recharged within 3 hours. As soon as the battery is fully charged, the LED will be Blue. Disconnect the cable from the PS3™ and the EX-02s.
The fully charged battery offers up to 8 hours continuous use. It is advisable to always recharge after lengthy gameplay so the headset is fully charged for the next round.
Operating your headset
1. To power on your headset, press and hold the power button for 1 second until the LED flashes Blue. NOTE: If the LED flashes Red only, the battery will need to be charged. A low battery is also denoted by a low tone repeated every 20 seconds.
2. To fit your headset comfortably, flex the earhook and loop it around your ear. Position the speaker in your ear for optimal audio performance.
3. To power off your headset, press and hold the power button for 1 second until the LED flashes Red.
Tap the + button to increase the volume in increments until the headset reaches your desired volume level.
Tap the - button to decrease the volume in increments until the headset reaches your desired volume level.
Press the power button briefly (less than 1 second) to mute the headset; repeat the process to un-mute. When in mute mode the LED will flash Red & Blue every 5 seconds.
The PS3™ is unable find the headset.
1. Make sure that your headset is in pairing mode (see page 4).
2. If the headset has been paired with another Bluetooth® device before, the PS3™ will have trouble finding the headset. Either remove the headset from the paired device or turn off the Bluetooth® functionality on the paired device.
3. Turn off / remove any other active wireless devices in the vicinity (eg. router, mouse, keyboard, DECT phones) to prevent signal interference.
The headset will not activate after being charged.
1. To activate the headset, the battery needs to charge for at least 40 minutes. It is highly recommended to fully charge the battery for the full 3 hours before use.
2. The headset will only charge when the PS3™ is switched on.
No indication of charging is shown.
1. Charging indication may be delayed for a few minutes if the headset has not been used for a long time (more than a month) or if the battery is drained.
No sound can be heard from the headset.
1. Make sure that your headset has been activated in Audio Device Settings and that your volume is set correctly (refer to page 5).
2. Make sure that the paired devices are within 30 Ft (9.15 metres) of each other.
3. Make sure that the headset is turned on and fully charged.
4. Check In-game settings.
If you still have a problem
Please contact support with any problems/issues you have. Our trained staff have detailed knowledge of our product range and will be happy to solve any problems. (English language support only).